Monday, July 21, 2014

In praise of the intelligence of young artists


Following is a conversation that took place between a a young rental car agent and middle-age man at the Albany-Rensselaer train station today.

Agent:  Where are you going today, sir?

Man: Oneonta.

Agent: Oh, wow.  I'm very familiar with it.  That's where I went to school.

Man:  Really?  Where did you go, Hartwick College or the SUNY school?

Agent:  I went to the SUNY school, fortunately.

Man:  That's interesting.  My son and daughter went to a SUNY school.

Agent:  Really?  Which one?

Man:  They went to Purchase.

Agent:  Oh, wow.  Are they artists?  What did they study?

Man:  My son studied music.  His wife studied dance.

Agent:  That's cool.  You've gotta be smart to go to that school.  What are they doing now?

Man:  He's a CPA.  She's going to medical school.

Agent:  Oh, wow!  Like I said, artists are real smart people.   


No comments:

Post a Comment