Monday, January 9, 2017

Ten years of iPhone

Ten years ago today, Steve Jobs introduced the original iPhone at the annual Macworld conference. I remember how pleased I was to obtain my first iPhone the following winter, even though there was not yet an App Store to load it with all kinds of cool applications. I realized then it was just a matter of time before Apple would overtake my company-issued BlackBerry in the smartphone market, although few were aware that a Google executive serving on Apple's board of directors would learn enough to launch a competing platform for his company shortly afterwards. 
I'm now on my fourth iPhone, a two-year-old gold-color 6. In addition to making my iPod and Palm obsolete, it's enabled me to put away my Nikon camera. And, I understand the camera on the iPhone 7 which my wife and youngest son got this winter is even better. I like it when technology simplifies my life! 
Thanks, Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment